Grand Strand Vision
I am Dr. Mark T. Dean, FCOVD and I provide special eye care that goes beyond just eyeglasses and 20/20 Vision. At Grand Strand Vision, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of vision care, including special care for many types of vision problems including low vision, brain injury and concussion recovery, ADHD, autism, strabismus, lazy eye, and much more.
Did you know that a patient can test as having 20/20 vision and still have blurred near vision, vision-related reading and learning disabilities, headaches, motion sickness, poor coordination, poor or no depth perception, double vision, and/or many other symptoms due to undetected vision or visual skills problems?
Grand Strand PROVIDES
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers.
- Vision Therapy for Children, Teenagers, Adults (All Ages!)
- Testing and Treatment for Learning-related Vision Problems, including ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Reading Problems, and Eye Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as Amblyopia or Lazy Eye, Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder), Diplopia (double vision), No Depth Perception or Poor Depth Perception (Stereoscopic Vision), and Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Concussions or Post-Concussion Syndrome, Autism or Autistic, Stroke, Whiplash, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), etc.
- Answers for Computer Vision Syndrome and Stress-related Visual Difficulties, including Nearsightedness, Eyestrain, Headaches, Words Moving Around on the Page, etc.
- Sports Vision Improvement Training.
As a specialty care eye doctor, I always look beyond 20/20 eyesight as the sole definition of good vision when I do an eye exam or provide care. That’s because I know that MANY visual skills, such as eye teaming, eye focusing, eye tracking and more are essential to “normal,” good or so-called perfect vision and that deficiencies in these critical visual skills can cause poor performance in learning, reading, sports and even ATTENTION.
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Grand Strand Vision provides professional optometry and vision therapy services to patients from Myrtle Beach, Conway, North Myrtle Beach, Georgetown, SC, and Leland, NC.